8.06.2009

All Points West Music and Arts Festival

ft0801apd 33 GAYLORD

ft0801apd 9 GAYLORD

ft0801apd 25 GAYLORD

ft0801apd 19 GAYLORD

I was lucky (or unlucky) enough to have the chance to photograph all three days of the All Points West music festival in Liberty State Park, Jersey City this past weekend. The lucky part: I got to see some awesome musicians like Jay-Z, MGMT, Gogol Bordello, and Xavier Rudd among many others. The unlucky part: I was soaked and covered in muds 2/3rds of the time. Maybe the mud was itself a blessing because it made for some pretty cool pictures. I've always been told that photographing performances is almost like cheating at photography because the lighting and backdrop is all set up for you- all you do is wait for the moment. So going to a music festival to photograph just such musical performances I gave myself the task of finding beautiful photographs I could claim for my own. Many were provided, not just in the performers, but in the awe inspiring crowds of fans attending.

No comments:

Post a Comment