10.18.2009

Flashes Of Hope

flashessss-2

flashessss-3

flashessss

flashessss-4

flashessss-5

This August I spent a day at Camp Tyler Hill in Pennsylvania working for Flashes of Hope. "Flashes of Hope is a non-profit organization dedicated to creating powerful, uplifting portraits of children fighting cancer and other life-threatening illnesses." (words from the org's website)

I had the opportunity to meet and photograph 10 beautiful young girls at this camp. Above from top to bottom are pictured: Precious, Alejandra, Danielle, Jasmine, and Teresa. I had a great experience and I hope that the girls I photographed did too, some were happy to be in front of the camera and at ease, while others were shy and hesitant to smile. I almost felt like we- the photogs from Flashes of Hope- descended on this camp with little warning to these young kids. It can be scary to be in front of the camera where all the attention is focused on you alone. Especially if you are going through a difficult time in your life like these girls were. I hope I had a positive impact on them that day and I hope that the photographs I made gave happiness to their families.

If you are interested in volunteering for this organization as a photographer you can go to this link to find out more and sign up. I had a great experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment